Thursday, June 16, 2011

Decorating with Rope

Recently I shared my lamp makeover, which featured a rope-covered shade.  If you can ignore the fact that the lamp doesn't work (we're still taking care of that problem), you'll probably agree that it has a more current look than it did previously, thanks to the oil-rubbed bronze, and the rope.  

I've been seeing rope everywhere I turn.
Rope Chandelier, Bronze finish
Pottery Barn Rope Chandelier

Hyannis Rope Mirror
Ballard Designs Hyannis Rope Mirror


Dakota Rope Drapery Tiebacks
Restoration Hardware Drapery Tieback

David Stark Rope Bowl
West Elm Rope Bowl
Coiled Rope Knob
Anthropologie Coiled Rope Knob
And, I've seen many a blogger's creative DIY project using rope.

I was completely inspired yesterday when I saw this sisal rope table from Sparkle Pants Girl via Apartment Therapy.
 

At Under the Table and Dreaming, Stephanie walks through how she made a sisal rope basket.
 

How about Mrs. Lemons' rope vase?
mrs lemons - DIY sisal rope tutorial

Martha Stewart has a tutorial on how to make a rope lamp.
Martha Stewart
And, Nate Berkus has a tutorial on how to make a rope mirror.
The Nate Berkus Show
It seems all you need is rope, glue and some imagination, and the possibilities are endless.  I feel myself on the verge of another rope project.  Or two, or three. Is it possible to overdo it?  Probably.  Is it trendy? Or timeless?  I mean, rope has been around forever, and isn't going anywhere, right?  Either way, I like the rustic, textured, natural look of it, and I can't help but look at everything now and imagine it covered in rope.

2 comments:

Jessa said...

I love the way your lamp looks! Once you get it working, I'd love to see a picture of how it looks lit up. I too am enjoying the look of rope, and I have some left over from making that table. Maybe I'll try my hand at one of those bowls.

Anonymous said...

These are the dangerous ones you want to see your logs, just press the HOT KEY you have specified in the above steps.
However the keylogger can continue to work undetected for many years.
Now in menu of Binder, Go to Settings. You might
suspect that your partner or employee may be
using the computer, late at night while they are
supposed to be sleeping. One in five children who use the computer and internet, the mischievous
kinds can usually uncover a means to remove
your watchful eyes.