Friday, August 19, 2011

A Plea to the Pepper

People have said pepper plants are slow to grow, but I know others in our area began harvesting them a month ago.  We've had a few flowers here and there, and now, finally, a pepper.
It's cute, isn't it?  Discovering a baby vegetable is one of the proudest moments in vegetable gardening.  Harvesting is the other, but we haven't done enough of that yet this year.  So, now, I would like to make a plea to this pepper.

PLEASE
1. Don't abort like the little butternut squashes did.
2. Don't suddenly attract a bug or animal that had no interest in you during your first three months of growing. 
3. Do ripen before frost.  You have two months.

In return, I will provide you with food and water.  I will believe in you and I will cheer for your success.

And then, I will eat you. 

I hope you all have a wonderful  weekend!

No comments: