Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Craft Inspiration

We went to Florida for a few days for a pre-Christmas family visit.
We ate, drank, relaxed, and enjoyed a little of this
and some of that.

Since then, I've been scrambling to get things done at work and all the Christmas crafts I wanted to do will have to wait for next year.  Still, I thought I'd share what inspired me at a favorite local store. 

You're posting pictures of craft projects you're going to do?, my husband asks.  Yes, I reply. I am.

These would be easy enough to make with some bells, wire, ribbon, and spray snow or paint.

I imagine there's a styrofoam cone under these pieces of felt.

When I picked up all of those scallop shells on the beach last summer, I should have saved some for ornaments.

Or tea lights.

Or hurricanes.

The good news is these make great gifts, but I don't have to wait for Christmas.

Centsational Girl did a great tutorial a few months ago on how to make a bread board.  She used a jig saw and made it look pretty easy.  This is going on my list of things to attempt in 2012.

I'll admit it was a little embarrassing trying to snap photos in a store without attracting too much attention. It felt like stealing and I am slightly ashamed, but I was inspired, and maybe sharing what I saw will inspire you. 

In lieu of crafts, I'm going to run a few errands and then spend the afternoon making cookies.  Tomorrow, I'll share a few of my favorite recipes, and photos of cookies I actually made, but none of the cookies, though, I wish that was possible.

Are you ready?  When do you put the hustle and bustle behind you and start to relax and enjoy?

No comments: